EPA Radon Recommendations

The EPA recommends that you take action to reduce your radon levels if they are 4 pCi/L or higher. However, you may still want to take action if your levels are between 2 and 4 pCi/L because with modern technology, it is likely that levels can be reduced to lower than 2 pCi/L. Colorado is considered to be a Zone 1 radon area meaning that the potential of radon over 4 pCi/L in your home is very likely. Furthermore, it is estimated that 3 our of every 4 homes in Colorado have high levels of radon.


The EPA recommends that you use a certified radon mitigation contractor to fix your high radon. If you try to do so on your own, or use someone who is not qualified, you run the risk of increasing your radon levels or creating other potential hazards and additional costs. Radon mitigation requires specific and professional knowledge, equipment, and training to ensure proper and successful services. The EPA recommends that you use a contractor who is recognized by either the National Radon Proficiency Program (NRPP) or the National Radon Safety Board (NRSB), or has a state license. Radon Relief is state certified, and recognized by the National Radon Proficiency Program. We are also listed with the Colorado State Radon Office and follow the industry consensus standards from the American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) Standard Practice for Installing Radon Mitigation Systems in Existing Low-Rise Residential Buildings, E2121 (February 2003), as well as the current established EPA guidelines for radon mitigation.